Summer is here in Tampa Bay, and before we get to the height of our Florida heat and humidity, performing some maintenance now can save your Tampa Bay home from greater expenses down the road. For most of us, our homes are our biggest investments, so protecting your home is a definite must. In spring and summer, you can extend from more than sprucing up your closets and decor to maintenance that will keep your home in proper working condition year round.
- HVAC System Summer temperatures put a lot of stress on A/C units of Tampa Bay houses. Algae can quickly build in the drain lines during the summer and clog lines. Schedule with an HVAC technician to check the ductwork for signs of damage and to clean and service the A/C compressor to protect the life of the unit. Make sure you are replacing your filter monthly. A clean system will be more energy efficient, saving you money on your electric bill each month and preventing costly repairs that happen when systems are not well maintained.
- Pool You’re going to want to jump into sparkling blue waters this summer to refresh whenever the urge hits to cool off. Skim your pool’s surface frequently to keep leaves and debris out of the water. Scrub the sides once a month to keep algae growth under control. Check the filter basket and chemical levels weekly. You want your pool to be ready when you are.
- Deck or Patio Tampa Bay homeowners love outdoor living. Get your deck and patio ready for barbecues with friends by taking some simple steps to spruce it up. Sweep a deck of debris and check for any loose nails or boards. Treat a wood deck with borate for algae to protect it against wood rot. Staining and sealing are also good maintenance steps to take. For a deck or patio, pressure washing can brighten up and remove whatever dullness fall and winter left behind.
- Plumbing Florida heat provides the perfect environment for mold to grow where moisture exists. Give your pipes a good once-over, checking under sinks to make sure there are no signs of leaks. Take a walk around your home looking up at the ceiling for stains which indicate water leaks in the walls. Fix drippy faucets and replace the flapper in the tank of your toilet if it has worn out.
- Dryer Vent Cleaning your dryer vent is an inexpensive maintenance step that can literally save your life and your home. Clothes dryers cause 2,900 fires a year according to the United States Fire Administration with lint being the major culprit.
Once you’ve checked these items off, you’ll be able to enjoy your Tampa Bay home for the summer months. If your home requires more than general maintenance, and you are stressed about compounding expensive repairs, contact us. At Property Solutions of Tampa Bay, Inc., we work with distressed properties and stressed homeowners by offering them cash for properties in any condition, and we’d be happy to help you find a solution that gives you freedom this summer.